It's been a few busy weeks, but I'm finally back and posting. Hmm .. lets see. When we came back from vacation, Bryan and I decided to move Emily into her toddler (day)bed. It's going okay for the most part. She still gets out and tries to play. Especially at naptime, so I foiled her bedroom window. Basically, I took some aluminum foil, and covered her window up, to block the sun (and heat) from coming in. I always told Bryan I would NEVER do that, cause it looks SO ghetto, but, I'm so fed up with Emily not napping and being a major crab all afternoon and evening, that I'm willing to try anything. So far, it's working. She fights naptime at first, but gives in after about 10-15 minutes.
Abbey had her 4-month check up the week we came back from vacation as well. She's now 13lbs, 14oz and 25 inches long. She recieved her two shots, and was allowed to be put on rice cereal and baby foods-veggies first. We now put rice cereal in with her formula bottles. I've tried feedin her baby food, but she doesn't take to it very well. She licks the spoon. It's so adorable ... haha. I try every few days, but she's just not quite ready yet. Ah well ... in due time, I suppose.
I was very excited for an announcement Bryan and I were going to make up at the lodge. We were expecting again. I knew I was going to get a lot of grief from my mom, but at the same time, I was telling myself, it's not HER choice, or decision...it's OURS. We didn't get to announce it though. I ended up miscarrying. It was an early miscarriage, and I am SO thankful that I was able to pass everything without having to go to the hospital. I am okay with it. I'm upset about it, but I also know it obviously wasn't meant to be. I guess it's good that we didnt announce it, because then we'd have to announce about our loss, and that would just make the whole situation so much harder emotionally forme.
I've started two new afghans. I was able to convince Bryan to let me get some pink and brown yarn to start up a new tumbling blocks afghan. I also have some white, pink and red baby yarn I'm using to make a granny square afghan. I think I'm going to stop at 30 inches. I'll have to see when I get there. I'm already at 18 inches. I love the colors, and I hope someone else will too. It'll go on my shop whenever it gets finished.
I was thinking of putting my blog shop on hold ... I have the huge afghan I'm making for Steven for Christmas I need to start. It's going to take a LOT of time and energy to do, that's for sure. It's the Green Bay Packer's logo. I was able to purchase a pattern for it online, and I now have all the yarn for it. I think when I finish these afghans, I'm going to get started on his.
Emily is almost two .. I can't believe it!!! I seriously don't konw where the time goes!! We were going to throw a BBQ here at our house for her birthday, since we have a nice patio set ... but while we were on vacation, the tabletop bubbled and popped up ... so it's no longer flat. Bryan was really upset, since we droppeda good $700 on it, so he decided to return it. If we can find a nice one marked down, then we'll get it. Otherwise, it's just going to be a mini family BBQ, with mom, dad, older brother's family, younger brother, and possibly his girlfriend. It's all still up in the air...though.
Bad news for me ...I haven't been to the dentist in 6 years, outside getting a toothache fixed here and there. No actual cleanings and whatnot. Well, my older brother referred us to their dentist .. we get a free complete exam and xrays and whatnot. So, Bryan and I went on Monday. I was in for QUITE a surprise. I knew I was going to need to get some work done .. I just didn't expect THIS much ... oye. I've gotta get a total of 12 cavaties filled, a possible root canal, two crowns (possibly a third if root canal is a no-go) and an extraction, from the molar that was chipped when I was pregnant with Abbey. The top of the tooth came off, but the roots still remain .. so I'll probably have to be referred to an oral surgeon to get THAT matter resolved. On top of all that work... I need to get braces again. My teeth aren't crooked, but they're starting to get back to where they were when I was younger. It's basically to just realign them again. I'm SO not looking forward to that. But, invisalign is actually more expensive and won't do as much, as the brackets and elastics. We aren't going to get ANYTHING done though, until at least January, that way Bryan can bump up our dental insurance so we won't have to pay as much out of pocket.
Emily is starting to wear me down with her new word -- No. She says it for almost everything now ... Talk about a challenge!! She's starting to listen more and more though ... so I think we're getting better with it. Hopefully it won't last for years like some do! Well, time to make some lunch for Emily so we can swim and get worn out for naptime.
Never Too Old
11 years ago






1 comment:
That is a good idea about the aluminum foil and it seems to have done the trick! And if it works then who cares what it looks like. ;)
I'm sorry to hear you lost your little one. :( I think it might've been harder too if you had announced it.
You are definitely busy with afghans. That sucks about your patio set. Maybe you got a defective set.
I just went to the dentist not too long ago and I hadn't been there in over a year. Oh my gosh my mouth was so sore! I never knew my mouth/teeth could hurt like that! Wow, you'll be needing a lot of work. That sucks about the braces. Couldn't they just fit you with a retainer or something?
Gosh, Kyndra loves the word no too. She says no to everything!!
Post a Comment